Creamy Potato Egg Casserole for Osteoporosis
Calcium Enriched Creamy Potato & Egg Casserole
- 3/4 cups of grated cheese
- 2 links of turkey sausage
- 3 large potatoes, sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 4 green onions
- 1 TBSP low fat butter or margarine
- 1/4 cup fat-free milk
- 1/4 cup of flour
- 1/4 cup low-fat light sour cream
- Preheat oven at 350 degrees.
- Heat butter or margarine in a skillet and add onions.
- Add flour, milk, let it reduce, and then add the sour cream.
- Add more milk as needed. Take off heat.
- In a large casserole dish, spread sauce and layer potatoes, sausage, eggs, cheese, and cream sauce.
- Place casserole in oven.
- Occasionally mix the casserole to ensure proper cooking.
- Once your fork easily goes through the potatoes, sprinkle cheese on top (optional).
- Serve and Enjoy!
Serves: 6 people
Suzanne Andrews founded Functional Fitness in 2008, the most popular fitness series for boomers and seniors broadcasting on over 159 Public Television stations throughout the US and Canada. Read Suzanne’s inspiring comeback story of how she survived a near fatal accident, From Deaths Door to Producing a National Fitness Series. Feel free to send Suzanne a message here.