Flat Abs Pasta
by Jari Love
Flat abs while still indulging? Here’s a pasta salad that’s healthy, tasty, and definitely makes you feel like you’re indulging, but also is flat abs friendly! The secret is to use a vegetable peeler to turn zucchini into long pasta-like strands. This recipe is filled with fiber and is the perfect side to a lean chicken breast. Servings: 4
Here’s what you need:
- 3 organic zucchini
- 1/2 cup organic cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- juice from 1/2 a lemon
- 1 teaspoon dried basil
- dash of salt and pepper
- Trim the zucchini ends. Peel down the length of each zucchini until you reach the seeded center, creating long, noodle strands.
- Place the noodles in a medium bowl, add the quartered cherry tomatoes.
- In a small bowl combine the oil, garlic, lemon juice, dried basil, salt and pepper. Pour over the noodles and mix to combine.
- Chill for at least 20 minutes in the fridge.
Nutritional Analysis: 92 calories, 7g fat, 68mg sodium, 7g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 2g protein.
Jari Love – original creator of Get RIPPED! DVD series and group exercise classes. The hot-selling and critically acclaimed Get RIPPED! series enables individuals of any fitness level to burn up to three times more calories than the traditional weight-training program, and has received rave reviews from fitness critics throughout North America since the first title debuted in late 2005.