Homemade Chicken Soup
by Jari Love
This homemade chicken soup recipe is made without added carbs like noodles or potatoes. It’s filled with fiber, protein and lots of delicious flavor. Enjoy!
Here’s what you need…
- 1 Tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 medium organic yellow onion, chopped
- 3 carrots, grated
- 2 celery stalks, finely chopped
- 1 Tablespoon curry powder
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 quarts chicken broth
- 3 cups diced roasted chicken
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 organic apple, chopped
- dash of salt and pepper
- 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- zest from 1 lemon
- 2 cups unsweetened coconut milk
- In a large pot, over medium heat, melt the coconut oil and add the onion, carrots and celery.
- After 5 minutes add the garlic and curry powder.
- After a couple minutes add the chicken broth, chicken, bay leaf, apple, pepper, thyme, and lemon zest. Stir well.
- Bring to a simmer and cook for 40 minutes.
- Stir in the coconut milk, and some salt if desired, remove the bay leaf and serve.
- Enjoy your Homemade Chicken Soup!
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 166 calories, 5g fat, 175mg sodium, 9g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, and 19g protein
Jari Love – original creator of Get RIPPED! DVD series and group exercise classes. The hot-selling and critically acclaimed Get RIPPED! series enables individuals of any fitness level to burn up to three times more calories than the traditional weight-training program, and has received rave reviews from fitness critics throughout North America since the first title debuted in late 2005.