PUMPKIN & ZUCCHINI MUFFINS
by Jari Love
Don’t let the rich flavor and mouthwatering moistness of these pumpkin & zucchini muffins fool you. You’ll have a hard time convincing anyone, but this recipe was modified to include less fat and sugar than the original.
Breakfast is the most influential meal of the day. If you start your day with sugary pastries or a greasy breakfast sandwich, the rest of your food choices will follow suit. However, when you start your morning with a wholesome and nutritious meal you’ll be more likely to continue with good choices throughout the day.Try the Pumpkin & Zucchini Muffins recipe below as a nutritious start to your day. Servings: 40 mini muffins
Here’s what you need…
- 3 eggs, lightly beaten
- 2/3 cup raw honey
- 1 cup canned pumpkin
- 1/2 cup coconut oil, melted
- 7 oz applesauce
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract>
- 3 cups almond flour
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1 cup shredded zucchini
- 1/4 cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and line a mini muffin pan with paper baking cups, or use non-stick cooking spray.
- In a mixing bowl combine eggs and honey. Add pumpkin, melted coconut oil, applesauce, and vanilla.
- In a separate bowl combine all of the dry ingredients.
- Gradually add dry ingredients to pumpkin mixture and mix until well combined. Stir in the zucchini.
- Enjoy your Pumpkin & Zucchini Muffins
Pour into muffin tins, sprinkle the tops with chopped walnuts. Bake for 10-20 minutes or until you can poke a toothpick in a muffin and it comes out clean. Cool in the pan for 10 minutes.
Nutritional Analysis: One mini muffin equals: 92 calories, 3g fat, 15g carbohydrate, 1.5g fiber, and 2g protein.
Jari Love – original creator of Get RIPPED! DVD series and group exercise classes. The hot-selling and critically acclaimed Get RIPPED! series enables individuals of any fitness level to burn up to three times more calories than the traditional weight-training program, and has received rave reviews from fitness critics throughout North America since the first title debuted in late 2005.