Broccoli Tater Tots
by Jari Love
If you love the texture of tater tots but are trying to cut back on calories and fat, these broccoli tots need to make their way onto your table. This quick and simple recipe comes together in 25 minutes and will curb those fried-potato cravings with a much lighter bite that’s lower in carbs, calories, and fat.
Your taste buds thank you in advance for this broccoli-cheesy treat.
Broccoli-Cheese Tater Tots
2 cups broccoli florets
1 small shallot, minced
2/3 shredded cheddar cheese
1/2 cup panko bread crumbs
Salt and pepper
- Preheat your oven to 400ºF, and line a baking sheet with a piece of parchment paper.
- Steam your broccoli florets for 2 minutes, and chop well into small pieces.
- In a large bowl, combine the chopped broccoli with the rest of your ingredients. Mix until totally combined.
- Scoop a large spoonful of the mixture in your hands, and shape it so it resembles a tater tot. Place on your baking sheet, and repeat until all mixture has been used.
- Bake in the oven for 20 minutes, and enjoy warm from the oven.
Jari Love – original creator of Get RIPPED! DVD series and group exercise classes. The hot-selling and critically acclaimed Get RIPPED! series enables individuals of any fitness level to burn up to three times more calories than the traditional weight-training program, and has received rave reviews from fitness critics throughout North America since the first title debuted in late 2005.