Quick and Easy Chopped Chicken Salad
by Jari Love
This Chopped Chicken Salad is quick and easy and is is filled with wholesome ingredients, protein and fiber to enhance your hard earned fitness results. It’s ideal for a low-key date night dinner or a delicious solution to the age-old question, “What’s for dinner?” You can also change it up a bit by swapping chicken breast with steak or tuna fillet. The end result is a salad, not overly heavy, nutritious and easy to prepare – a perfect dish for any time of year. Servings: 6
Here’s what you need:
For the Salad
- 2 cooked chicken breasts, chopped
- 1.2 cup cherry tomatoes, quartered
- 1 Tablespoon red onion, minced
- 1/2 cup cucumber, chopped
- 4 cups romaine lettuce, chopped
- 4 strips, cooked nitrate-free bacon, chopped
- 1 avocado, chopped
For the Dressing
- 1/8 cup olive oil
- 2 Tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 packet stevia
- 1 teaspoon crushed garlic
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Combine all of the salad ingredients in a large salad bowl. Mix to combine.
- Combine all of the dressing ingredients in a small bowl. Drizzle over the salad and serve.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals: 218 calories, 12g fat, 189mg sodium, 5g carbohydrate, 4g fiber, and 22g protein
Jari Love – original creator of Get RIPPED! DVD series and group exercise classes. The hot-selling and critically acclaimed Get RIPPED! series enables individuals of any fitness level to burn up to three times more calories than the traditional weight-training program, and has received rave reviews from fitness critics throughout North America since the first title debuted in late 2005.