Full Backcover Description
Rodney Yee's Advanced Yoga
Beginner: Just starting out, very overweight or haven't exercised in over six months.
Intermediate: Active in sports, dance or any regular exercise (2 to 3 times per week).
Advanced: Very active in sports or consistently work out four or more times per week.
Instructor: Rodney Yee (Instructor Profile)
Runtime: 125 min.
Street Date: 3-14-2006
Created exclusively for experienced practitioners, Rodney Yee provides an insight into how he practices yoga at home. He teaches you how to build up to and sequence intense arm balances, and trust yourself more in these challenging poses. He takes you through a full sequence of hip openers to prepare the body for advanced moves. He allows you to evolve your practice on a deeper level by guiding yogi Colleen Saidman in advanced pranayama practice.
Disc One: Total-body, arm-balance workout (50 minutes) & Complete hip opening routine (25 minutes)
Total-body, arm-balance workout:
- Engages and strengthens your triceps, entire upper body, core and legs
- Demystifies these intense poses showing you how to sequence and build up to them
- Helps you cultivate a "steadiness of mind" with whatever is happening in the moment
Complete hip opening routine:
- Increases flexibility and mobility in the most neglected part of the body
- Helps prevent knee and joint problems
Disc Two: Advanced pranayama, or breath absorption practice (50 minutes)
Advanced pranayama, or breath absorption practice:
- Improves lung capacity and circulation of rejuvenating oxygen-rich blood
- Deepens your connection within, like no other practice can.
Having trouble with the preview ? Try viewing the clip on YouTube - click here