by Kathy Smith
TGIF! After your workout today, kick off your weekend with a sweet treat. These exquisite recipes are inspired by the finest spas and restaurants around the world.
Total time 10 minutes plus chilling
- 3 Tbsp Kahlúa
- 4 tsp Instant coffee granules
- 36 ounces extra-firm silken tofu
- ¾ cup agave nectar
- ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 4 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon,
In saucepan on low, heat 3 tablespoons Kahlúa. Add 4 teaspoons instant-coffee granules; stir to dissolve. In food processor, combine 36 ounces extra-firm silken tofu, ¾ cup agave nectar, ¾ cup unsweetened cocoa powder, 4 teaspoons vanilla extract, 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon, and coffee mixture.
Process 6 minutes, or until smooth. Spoon into bowls; refrigerate 30 minutes. Garnish with whipped cream, raspberries, and mint leaves, if desired. Makes 8 servings.
- 1 cup cashews unsalted raw
- ½ cup pecan pieces, raw
- 1 cup pumpkin puree
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- ½ cup FruitSweet (or agave syrup, maple syrup or honey)
- ½ cup water
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground allspice
- ¼ teaspoon ground ginger
- ⅛ teaspoon cloves, ground
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
combine all ingredients in blender; puree on high speed until smooth. Use a rubber spatula to transfer the mixture into half cup creme brulee ramekins or into a pastry bag; chill to refrigerator temperature and then enjoy. Garnish with a light dusting of cinnamon and a sprig of mint.
Nutritional Key: Calories/Carbs/Proteins/Fat/Fiber 230.61/23.88g/3.59g/14.71g/2.26g
Tofu Ambrosia with Cantaloupe and Honeydew
- 2 cups cantaloupe, ¼” diced
- 2 cups honeydew, ¼” diced
- 1 cup tofu whipped cream (recipe below)
- TOFU WHIPPED CREAM INGREDIENTS:
- 8 oz. soft tofu
- 2 Tbsp. maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp. agave syrup
- 1 tsp. orange peel, grated
- 1 tsp. pure vanilla
- Dash nutmeg, ground
Blend all tofu whipped cream ingredients in a food processor or with a mixer.
Toss tofu whipped cream with cantaloupe and honeydew.