Sweet and Tangy Grilled Chicken
If you’re looking to lose weight, many times you run into the boredom of eating plain foods and end up getting really bored. This chicken recipe is healthy and anything but plain.
Serve this delicious grilled chicken at your next barbecue or for dinner tonight. The honey-mustard glaze has a wonderful tangy flavor. Remember to add healthy side dishes for a summer meal that will satisfy without weighing you down.
Here’s what you need:
- 4 Tablespoons honey
- 4 Tablespoons spicy mustard
- 1 teaspoon grated lemon peel
- 2 teaspoons low-sodium soy sauce
- ½ teaspoon minced garlic
- 6 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- Pre-heat your grill. If using coals, heat until the coals turn gray and there are no longer strong flames, 35-45 minutes.
- Combine honey, mustard, lemon peel, soy sauce and garlic. Mix well. Reserve a few tablespoons of the sauce. Add chicken and marinate in the refrigerator for 40 minutes.
- Cook the chicken 5 to 6 minutes per side. Brush with the reserved sauce, and continue cooking for an additional 3 to 4 minutes per side, until chicken registers 170 degrees F on a meat thermometer.
Nutritional Analysis: One serving equals 183 calories, 2g fat, 13g carbohydrate, 0g fiber, and 28g protein.