Bellydance For Beginners
Beginner: Just starting out, very overweight or haven't exercised in over six months.
Intermediate: Active in sports, dance or any regular exercise (2 to 3 times per week).
Advanced: Very active in sports or consistently work out four or more times per week.
Toning Emphasis: Abs
Upper body: Arms, chest and back.
Lower Body: Legs, thighs, hips and buttocks.
Abs: Abdominals (stomach), core and sometimes lower back.
Total body: Tones all three of the above muscle groups.
Instructor: Leila of Egypt (Instructor Profile)
Runtime: 240 min.
Street Date: February 2, 2010
Certified instructor description:
Belly dance is fun, exciting, sensual and suitable for all body types and fitness levels. With this centuries old art form you' ll improve muscle tone, increase flexibility and range of motion while achieving better posture and a new sense of confidence and self-expression.
Taught by world-renowned Egyptian belly dancer, Leila of Egypt, Belly Dance for Beginners is divided into three sections:
- In Section I, you'll learn the fundamentals of belly dance - posture, arm movements, hip movements, undulations and shimmies.
- In Section II, you'll incorporate movement with the Egyptian walk, moving circles and moving shimmies.
- In Section III, you'll follow Leila as she performs sensual, energizing or relaxing belly dance routines.
Belly Dance for Beginners Highlights:
- Easy-to-follow instruction, suitable for all body types and fitness levels
- Original music and instruction from one of Egypt's, and the world's, most popular belly dance star and instructor
- Sessions ranging from 10 to 30 minutes
- Improve your fitness and increase confidence while mastering the fundamentals of Egyptian style belly dance
- Learn several full dance routines Includes a full-length performance by Leila incorporating the moves learned on the DVD.