Green Salad with Brown Butter Walnut Vinaigrette
- 1 cup walnut halves or pieces *Walnuts contain a lot of fat, and therefore, a lot of calories. Although they have many health benefits, and have their place in a healthy diet, be cautious of your intake.
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 5 tablespoons olive oil *Similarly to walnuts, olive oil is filled with healthy fat and is a high-caloric food.
- 2 cloves garlic, smashed
- 1 sprig fresh rosemary
- 1/4 teaspoon salt, plus more for the salad
- Freshly ground black pepper
- 10 cups mixed garden greens
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon aged balsamic vinegar
- 2 ounces crumbled aged blue cheese *You can also try feta of goat cheese
- Heat a small skillet over medium-low heat and add the walnuts, butter, 2 tablespoons of the olive oil, the garlic, rosemary, salt and pepper. Cook very gently, stirring often, until the walnuts turn golden brown and the garlic has cooked, about 10 minutes. Add the remaining 3 tablespoons olive oil to the skillet to slow the cooking, and set aside.
- When ready to serve, toss the greens with a little salt and pepper. Add the lemon juice and vinegar to the walnut mixture and spoon the nuts over the salad, adding as much of the dressing as needed to lightly coat the leaves. Add the blue cheese, and toss again.
Ingredients and Directions by Food Network. Comments on Ingredients and Resources Found by Collage Video!