Garden Turkey Burgers
by Kathy Smith
1 tablespoons olive oil
1 green onions, chopped fine
½ red pepper, chopped
1 clove garlic, chopped fine
1 package frozen, chopped spinach, fully thawed and drained
½ pound ground turkey breast
½ tablespoon fresh parsley chopped
½ teaspoon fresh oregano (or 1/8 teaspoon dried)
dash of hot sauce (like Tabasco)
freshly ground pepper, to taste
- In a nonstick pan, sauté the onion, red pepper, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until tender (about 5 – 7 minutes). Set aside and let cool.
- Over the sink, squeeze all of the water out of the spinach.
- In a large bowl, combine ground turkey, spinach, and the sautéed onion mixture. Season to taste with the herbs, pepper, and hot sauce.
- Form 2 burger patties.
- Heat the nonstick skillet to medium high. Cook the burgers in the hot pan for 5–7 minutes per side, until cooked through.
- Serve wrapped in lettuce leaves or on top of mixed greens with a side of sliced tomatoes.
Kathy Smith, New York Times bestselling author, has stood at the forefront of the fitness and health industries for over 30 years. The numbers speak for themselves: Kathy has sold more than 20 million exercise DVDs - landing her in the Video Hall of Fame - and $500 million in Kathy Smith products. With her revolutionary approach to fitness, Smith has touched millions of people, inspiring them to move, live, and love.