The Vitamin C Monster Smoothie
Smoothies have been all the rage for quite some time, but are they really beneficial to dieters?
Smoothies help dieters maintain hydration, provide more fiber and vitamins than most foods, and provide plenty of natural fructose, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants. All of this comes in an easily-digestible form that delivers the nutrients quickly and efficiently.
Here is a delicious smoothie recipes that will help you start your morning with a burst of energy and keep feeling good all day long:
This yummy recipe is a favorite during cold and flu season. It's packed with vitamin C to help your body fight off illnesses. The antioxidants also help rid your body of free radicals that can lead to disease.
What You'll Need:
- 1 package fresh strawberries, leaves removed
- 2 ripe bananas, peeled and sliced
- 1 orange, peeled
- 1 cup fresh blueberries
- 1 kiwi, peeled and sliced
- 1 cup cantaloupe, cubed
- 2 ice cubes, crushed
- Peel all fruits and slice as directed. Crush the ice cubes.
- Place all ingredients in blender and blend on high power for two minutes, or until completely smooth and frothy.
- Add a little honey for more sweetness, if desired. Serve or drink immediately.
Suzanne Andrews founded Functional Fitness in 2008, the most popular fitness series for boomers and seniors broadcasting on over 159 Public Television stations throughout the US and Canada. Read Suzanne’s inspiring comeback story of how she survived a near fatal accident, From Deaths Door to Producing a National Fitness Series. Feel free to send Suzanne a message here.