Low carb pesto chicken casserole
Low-carb pesto chicken casserole with feta cheese and olives
- 1½ lbs chicken thighs or chicken breasts
- 2 oz. butter, for frying
- 3 oz. red pesto or green pesto
- 1½ cups heavy whipping cream
- 8 tablespoons pitted olives
- 8 oz. feta cheese, diced
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- salt and pepper
- 5 oz. leafy greens
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- sea salt and ground black pepper
- 500g extra lean beef mince
- Preheat the oven to 400°F (200°C).
- Cut the chicken thighs or filets into pieces. Season with salt and pepper and fry in butter until golden brown.
- Mix pesto and heavy cream in a bowl.
- Place the fried chicken pieces in a baking dish together with olives, feta cheese and garlic. Add the pesto.
- Bake in oven for 20-30 minutes, until the dish turns bubbly and light brown around the edges
A simple side dish of field greens or crunchy romaine complements the rich flavors. Or, lightly sautéed asparagus or green beans work, too.
Gilad also has an Ask Gilad Blog here at Collage Video! Have a question for Gilad? Click HERE and send it in! Gilad will choose one question each week to answer.
Find out more information about Gilad and his Fitness DVD's HERE.