Blanched Broccoli, Snap Pea and Pea Salad with Creamy Almond Dressing
Topped with a tangy almond dressing, this healthy green salad is as delicious as it is satisfying.
- 1 head of broccoli, chopped
- 2 cups sugar snap peas, trimmed
- 2 cups green peas
- 1 head of red leaf lettuce, washed and chopped
- 1 grated carrot
- 1 grated beet
- 1 cup cherry tomatoes, halved
- 1 avocado, sliced
- 5 Tbsp creamy almond butter
- ¼ cup apple cider vinegar
- 2 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 Tbsp water
- 3 Tbsp soy sauce
- 2 tsp liquid sweetener
- 1 ½ Tbsp grated ginger
- ½ tsp black pepper
- Juice from ½ a lemon
- Dash of cayenne pepper
- Boil water and steam broccoli for 3 minutes, add sugar snap peas to broccoli for 3 more minutes, then put in peas for one minute. The color of each vegetable should turn bright green and beans will be crisp. Rinse under cold water twice and place in colander to drain.
- Place the remaining salad ingredients into a bowl. Add the vegetables from the colander. Mix well.
- Make dressing by putting all ingredients in blender and blending well.