Mini Fruit Mince Pies
We've tweaked the classic fruit mince holiday tarts for a much simpler version, with a lot less sugar and no gluten in sight!
These mini tarts are packed with sour cherries, zesty orange, and those Christmas spices to get your taste buds in the mood for the festive holiday season. What better way to get in the spirit than getting into the kitchen!
- 130g (4.5 oz) hazelnut or almond meal
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1-2 tbsp almond milk
- Pinch of sea salt
FRUIT MINCE INGREDIENTS
- ½ cup sour cherries
- 1 tbsp pure maple syrup
- Zest & juice of orange
- ¼ tsp ground cinnamon
- ¼ tsp ground nutmeg
- 3 tbsp flaked almonds
- Preheat oven to 350ºF (180ºC).
- In food processor, process pastry ingredients.
- Press pastry layer into mini tart tins or silicone moulds.
- Bake in the oven for 10 min.
- In small saucepan over medium heat, heat sour cherries, maple syrup, zest and juice of orange, cinnamon and nutmeg. Stir to combine.
- Remove baked tarts from the oven and allow to slightly cool.
- Spoon fruit mince into tarts when ready to serve
by Rachel Morrow
Gilad also has an Ask Gilad Blog here at Collage Video! Have a question for Gilad? Click HERE and send it in! Gilad will choose one question each week to answer.
Find out more information about Gilad and his Fitness DVD's HERE.