Creamy Mushroom Soup Recipe
Mushrooms have the ability to help boost your immune system, providing you with numerous vitamins, minerals, and enzymes.
Their hearty, earthy flavors become the star in a soul-warming soup like this!
- 1 onion, diced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- ½ tsp finely chopped ginger
- 60g (2 ¼ oz/ 1 cup) broccoli, roughly chopped
- 450g (1 lb/ 1 bunch) English spinach
- 600g (1 lb 5 oz/ 1 bunch) bok choy (pak choy)
- 155g (5 ½ oz/ 1 cup) diced butternut pumpkin (squash)
- 1 litre (35 fl oz/ 4 cups) vegetable stock
- 250ml (9 fl oz/ 1 cup) coconut milk
- 1 tbsp nutritional yeast flakes, to serve
- In a large pot over medium-high heat, sauté onion, garlic and mushrooms.
- Add thyme, coconut cream and stock, simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- Remove soup from heat, and allow soup to slightly cool, then blend (in blender or food processor) in batches until you have a smooth puree.
- Taste and add salt and pepper if needed.
by Rachel Morrow www.foodmatters.com
Gilad also has an Ask Gilad Blog here at Collage Video! Have a question for Gilad? Click HERE and send it in! Gilad will choose one question each week to answer.
Find out more information about Gilad and his Fitness DVD's HERE.