Low-carb banana waffles
- 2 ripe bananas
- 4 eggs
- ¾ cup almond flour
- ¾ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon ground psyllium husk powder
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ½ teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- coconut oil or butter, for frying
- Mix all of the ingredients together and let sit for a while.
- Make in a waffle maker or fry in a frying pan with coconut oil or butter.
- Serve with hazelnut spread or whipped coconut cream and some fresh berries, or just have them as is with melted butter. You can't go wrong!
Got extra ripe bananas? Make more waffles and freeze the leftovers for a quick and easy future morning. Wrap each pancake individually in plastic wrap for easy defrosting.
Here's how to whip coconut cream. Let a can of coconut milk sit in the refrigerator for at least 4 hours to separate the cream from the water. Open the can carefully and remove the cream part with a spoon. Place in a bowl and whisk with a hand blender for a few minutes. Save the coconut water for use in smoothies-like these
Gilad also has an Ask Gilad Blog here at Collage Video! Have a question for Gilad? Click HERE and send it in! Gilad will choose one question each week to answer.
Find out more information about Gilad and his Fitness DVD's HERE.