I started a new fitness program on the first of the year and am afraid I won't be able to keep it up. How do you manage to stick to a daily exercise program?
First of all, congratulations on your decision to start working out! Step one has been taken, and that is the most important one! In regards to sticking to a fitness routine, you should know that you are not alone. Everyone faces the question of how to sustain a workout program long term....even professional athletes. Here are a few tips on how to help you stay motivated.
1. Start off easy and at your own pace. Do not try to do too much too soon.
2. Set small achievable goals.
3. Don't set contracts in your mind that your body can't keep.
4. Set aside time in your day when you know it will be easy for you to fit in a workout.
5. Always walk away from your workout with energy to spare. Don't over-do it.
6. Make it fun!